Fleet Executive Chef
- Liaises with and assists the Sanitation supervisor in developing and implementing effective USPH training programs for galley operation, manuals and procedures for all food production personnel.
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active culinary team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
- Liaises with provision master regarding availability, specifications, standard item lists and delivery logistics
- Maintains constant communication with the Corporate Executive Chef Training & Operations shore side and Regional VP Hotel Operation in regards to maintaining standards, evaluation of product utilization, preservation, yield control and preparation.
- Conducts sampling and testing of currently used and new recipe.
- Liaises with Executive chef and Provision Master in regards to shipboard inventory levels, stock rotation and inter-ship transfers of stock overages when required.
- Oversee and assist with scheduling of onboard Provision Master same as scheduling of Executive Chefs.
- Ensure that you are knowledgeable of the goals of the company and department and the action plans that will be followed to achieve these goals.
- Communicate the goals of the company and department and the action plans to the crew members.
- Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard departments to facilitate a team oriented atmosphere.
- Ensure that all departments within F&B are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner.
- Complete daily walk-through of the culinary operation including provisions with the Executive Chef.
- Ensure that all galley areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, USPH, SMS and safety and environmental regulations.
- Always be available on the floor to assist crew and Guests
- Enforce cost control procedures and monitor waste and breakage.
- Properly plan and prepare for events and cruises.
- Assist with developing and maintaining par stocks for food product and equipment.
- Monitor and audit food items delivered to the vessels that are in compliance with Company specifications.
- Monitor slow moving item reports to ensure that discontinued items are not being reordered.
- Conducts Trip reports and discuss with senior F&B Management onboard before leaving the Vessel
- Relief Executive Chefs in case of emergencies or Business needs
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as an Executive Chef in a large cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel, casino or resort is required.
- Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros) is required.
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with the following skills and cuisines is required:
* Modern contemporary plated presentations
* Classic European cuisines
* Classic American cuisines
* Asian cuisines
* Middle Eastern and Indian cuisines
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with busy banquet operations and presentations; modern buffet operations to include set-up and action stations; and implementing new food concepts and menus are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in culinary arts or foreign equivalency and/or 10 years’ experience as an Executive Chef. Relevant experience may substitute for this educational requirement at an equivalent rate.
- Certificate of completion from a recognized educational culinary institution is required.
- Advanced Certification in Sanitation and Public Health is required.