Chef de Partie
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Ensures team reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Ensures development of team members through on-going training
- Recognizes team members for successful achievements and contributions
- Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement
- Responsible for inventories to enable team members to successfully prepare mise en place
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
- Maintains and reports waste log to supervisors on a daily/weekly basis
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Maintains USPH/FDA standards
- Communicates and follows-through with appropriate departments to correct sanitation and or equipment issues
- Responsible for accuracy in daily inventories and requisitions
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed
- Communicates with provisions to ensure successful coordination of requisitioning, and return to stocks, including variances, spoilage, and excess inventories
- Ensures all team members are properly equipped with uniforms, supplies, and tools
- Communicates with Food & Beverage team in regards to special events, changes in forecasts, etc.
- Keeps Executive Chef, Chef’s Personal Assistant, and Chinese Executive Sous Chef / Executive Sous Chef apprised of challenges productions and team members
- Ensures recipes are constantly updated to reflect changes created by availability or direction from Executive Chef
- Strives to continuously improve flow of production and all other outputs by submitting ideas in writing to Chinese Executive Sous Chef /Executive Sous Chef
- Continuously monitors food and labor cost in accordance with CBH
- Controls and decreases waste by maintaining logs to submit daily/weekly
- Adjust production levels to meet forecast demands
- Communicates with other departments to adjust production for joint product needs
- Delegates workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve flow of production
- Adjusts scheduling appropriately in order to attend mandatory meetings
- Schedules regular focus meetings with subordinates to increase communication
- Continually maintains and updates daily and weekly reports in a timely manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all Asian basic cooking techniques is required.
- Intermediate level Chinese Mandarin verbal and writing skills
- Advanced knowledge of traditional Chinese basic wok cooking techniques is required.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to use including stir frying, steaming, pan frying, deep frying, poaching, boiling, braising, searing, stewing, making soup, smoking and roasting is required
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Wok Cuisine including cooking philosophies and principles are required
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge and experience to lead in all areas of the galley including buffets, production, alternative restaurants and main galleys is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of herbs, spices and flavorings, is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all kitchen equipment, tools, and supplies is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a fine dining or upscale restaurant is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of general culinary experience is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level Mandarin verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of Mandarin grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros) are required.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience and ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. and vice versa for both volume and weight is required.
- Highschool diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency is required.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate with team members
- Flexibility to work any shift in any area of responsibility without notice
- Ability to provide leadership, motivation and training
- Ability to follow standards recipes and convert quantities mathematically
- Ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Hands-on attitude, leads by example! Always goes the extra mile to ensure
- The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates