Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Responsible for the efficient, daily operation and quality of the laundry facilities, ensuring the guest laundry, crew laundry and uniforms are properly cleaned and made available in a timely manner, and ensures at all times that laundry and equipment is handled carefully and as directed by the Executive Housekeeper. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, and controlling of activities and procedures regarding all guest, crew and hotel laundry.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use and care of all laundry equipment.
- Responsible for the washing formulas; ensures all linen/terry/uniforms are clean and items with stains are treated according to policies and are removed from circulation until either clean, recycled or discarded. Communicates with Supervisors/Hotel Operations and the visiting technician from the chemical company when issues arise.
- Makes every effort to ensure all linen/terry are returned to the locations in good condition; properly pressed, clean, free of stains and holes.
- Observes good housekeeping standards and that proper safety is maintained. All equipment is to be kept clean and dusted on a regular basis.
- Maintains production report records, evaluation reports, and daily attendance reports.
- Initiates and prepares purchase orders for laundry and dry cleaning chemicals/supplies as needed. Ensures that reserve chemicals are in adequate supply and in anticipation of delayed delivery.
- Reports repair needs, such as electrical and mechanical; follows-up with Engineering on the repairs as needed.
- Supervises and logs the cleaning of lint filters and the general cleaning of the laundry.
- Responsible for the proper disposal of all dry cleaning waste, sludge, and lint.
- Conducts the following periodic assignments:
* Weekly staff meetings.
* Monthly physical inventories of various hotel linens and towels to assess the quantity lost, torn or stained.
* Weekly record of the chemical consumption.
- Must perform and meet standards set by USPH and SEMS Rules and Regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Mandarin Speakers
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Some college education in a related field is preferred.
- Two years' experience in laundry cleaning, the use and maintenance of the equipment, etc. is required; or two years' experience onboard ships as a laundry attendant is required.
- One year experience operating various types of laundry, dry cleaning, pressing, and folding machines is required.
- Six months experience in the proper use and handling of cleaning agents and chemicals is required.
- Intermediate to advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, Micros) is required.