Guest Service Representative
The Guest Service Representative is responsible for providing a variety of services and giving accurate, consistent information to guests in an efficient and courteous manner while maintaining a pleasant and accommodating personality. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for answering the emergency telephone line and taking appropriate, immediate action as necessary.
- Handles guest requests in an effective way by taking ownership of the request then following-up until the matter is finalized to the guests’ satisfaction.
- Fully familiar with the Guest Recovery program and empowered to utilize as needed.
- Maintains a cash float for giving change and cashing traveler checks for guests.
- Takes care of lost and found items and related documentation.
- Records significant guest related issues in the daily logbook for shared knowledge and follow-up.
- Functions as shift leader if Guest Service Supervisor is not on duty.
- Responsible for training of new staff and ensuring everybody operates in an effective and efficient manner.
- Answering internal and external telephone calls through the switchboard, taking messages and forwarding them on to the appropriate person.
- Makes public address announcements as needed.
- Can be given the responsibility for special duties such as Lost & Found, Office Supplies, and Post Cards.
- Can perform administrative duties in the capacity of assistant to the Concierge that includes manning the Concierge Lounge hospitality desk, following through on regular suite requests, making reservations, contacting guests, etc.
- Can perform administrative duties to assist in ship’s clearance, BAGS program etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Guest Relations from a recognized hotel institution.
- Must have at least six months experience in a similar role for a Hotel/Hospitality establishment or in a Guest Service related position on board ships.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Fidelio is strongly preferred.