Concierge Assistant-Mandarin Language
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
The Concierge Assistant provides assistance and service to all guests in Concierge-Class accommodations (The Haven, Villas, Suites, and Penthouses) and to Recommended VIP guests. This position is responsible for intake, immediate follow-up and resolution of assigned guest requests or needs. The incumbent will also support the butlers in order to ensure that maintenance/work orders are completed in a timely manner. Acts as a liaison with other departments to support the timely resolution guest issues. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Provides daily updates to all Department Heads regarding the VIP list.
- Print and verify all guest key cards for Concierge-class accommodations.Prepare Welcome collateral according to company brand standards.
- Maintains daily office hours in order to answer and expedite guest requests and inquiries in person and by telephone.
- Provide assistance to all identified VIP guests during embarkation, disembarkation and tendering, as assigned.
- Supports the Butlers by following up on identified maintenance, technical issues, creating work orders etc. Liaises with other departments such as Housekeeping and Technical Departments to ensure timely follow up and repair.
- Researches and communicates all of the ship’s daily activities and facilities’ information to guests, which also includes
- Facilitates guest requests such as Restaurant & Entertainment Reservations, Shore Excursion bookings, In-Suite Spa treatments where available etc.
- Research and advise crew members and management regarding ports of call, including information about the facilities available in the terminal areas specifically with ADA and/or elderly guests in mind or those travelling with children.
- Prepares invitations for the Captain’s Cocktail Party plus other printed communications, as directed by the Concierge.
- In coordination with the Captain, Hotel Director and Concierge, prepares the Captain’s table invitations and follows up on the RSVPs.
- Maintains and regularly checks items including, but not limited to, DVDs, Movie Binders, CDs, binoculars, and other equipment.
- Prepares personalized stationary and envelopes to Garden Villa & Owners’ Suite guests upon request.Provides sufficient ‘Compliments Cards’ to Butlers & Bell-Box according to policy.
- Coordinates invitations for VIP guests for a Bridge Tour (if permissible).
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Fluency (read, write, speak) in Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Two years of experience in handling guest requests and concerns, with an understanding of how to expedite VIP guest wishes.
- Two years of experience in front-office related positions for hotels, onboard ships, or relative establishments.
- Basic knowledge of Fidelio and Microsoft Word and Excel.