Assistant Refrigeration Engineer
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of refrigeration and HVAC systems throughout the ship as directed by the Senior Refrigeration Engineer and the 2nd Refrigeration Engineer
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Carry out maintenance and routine work under the direction of the Senior Refrigeration Engineer and 2nd Refrigeration Engineer.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of galley, laundry, and launderette exhaust ducts, and shall ensure that all required and necessary cleaning routines and records are properly executed.
- Perform maintenance of the HVAC plant, the provisioning plant and related cold rooms, all refrigerated bar and galley equipment.
- Handle cabin issues as directed through the ECR/Front Desk, immediately inform a supervisor if unable to solve the cabin issue.
- Monitor the consumption of refrigerants closely and raise the alert if any irregular situation should occur.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the engine room and galley ventilation systems, including local and centralized fixed fire extinguishing systems.
- Must work closely with superiors and co-workers when performing maintenance work on the HVAC and/or provision plant in order to create a minimum level of discomfort for passenger and crew.
- Shall be familiar with and active in the safety management system, including applicable responsibilities in the safety organization according to the emergency plan and station bill. Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of three (3) years prior experience working as an assistant on refrigeration/HVAC equipment is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Highschool diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- A current Welding Certificate from an accredited educational institution is preferred.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates