Waiter leads the service for food and beverage in an assigned station in the restaurants or buffet. He ensures that guests are consistently provided with courteous, prompt and efficient service according to company standards. He is responsible for assisting with the on-going training of Assistant Waiters, assists with Room Service deliveries as needed.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Assist with achieving departmental guest satisfaction targets and food and beverage revenues by following established service strategies and optimizing up-sell opportunities.
- Complies with all company policies, rules and regulations.
- Follows and is compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
- Responsible for safeguarding all equipment and materials required for operation by ensuring self and team are adhering to proper handling procedures.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly setup with the required amounts of china, glassware, silverware and mis-en-place prior to the start of service.
- Complies with sequence of service for food and beverage, and directs and instructs Assistant Waiters to ensure timeliness of service to guests.
- Ensures satisfaction of service with guests in assigned station and resolves any service and/or product deficiencies that may occur.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly cleaned and set-up at the end of the meal period and that all assigned side-work is complete.
Performs other jobs as assigned, to include but not limited to:
* Man non-cooking buffet action stations (i.e. carving station, dessert station)
* Deliver amenities on embarkation day
* Assists with Room Service deliveries when needed
* Assists with private parties and functions
* Assists with conducting service training with Assistant Waiters and Restaurant Stewards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Must be able to manage and service a workstation in a restaurant that is comprised of 16 to 24 seats.
- Must be able to direct and supervise 1 Assistant Waiter.
- Must be able to carry up to 12 covers on a waiter tray or 16 glasses in the same fashion.
- Must have working knowledge of the service requirements/styles/food for all meal periods (breakfast, lunch and dinner) across various restaurant concepts (Italian, French, Casual-fare, Oriental, Steakhouse, Brazilian Steakhouse, etc.)
- Minimum two year experience as a front waiter with fine dining and banquet service experience in any of the following settings: 3 Star – 4 Star land-based hotel/resort; free-standing restaurant with at least 180 seats; or previous shipboard experience in a similar position is required.
- Minimum one year experience selling and serving wine and other beverage products is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Associates Degree, Secondary Education Degree or foreign equivalency is required.
- Certificate of completion in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized institution is required.