Wine Steward-Mandarin Speakers
The Wine Steward is responsible for the entire onboard wine program to include sales, inventory and proper requisitioning procedures. This position will also assist the wait staff with selling of wines during dinner service in the Main Dining Rooms and provides overall wine service.
- Responsible for selling beverage during meal hours in Main Dining Rooms or designated venue and provides overall beverage service.
- Works in a station designated by the Head Sommelier and approved by the Restaurant Manager and follows the daily schedule, which is posted weekly in the wine cellar.
- In addition to serving beverages his/her duties include the re-stocking of the wine cellar on a daily basis, and once a week may be requested to work during the loading of wines onto to the ship.
- Should be knowledgeable about the wine list and able to discuss and suggest wines to guests who ask for advice. The knowledge of how to pair wine with food is imperative.
- Responsible for achieving the guest satisfaction targets established for the ship in wine service.
- Follows all company wine service standards and sequences of service while on duty.