Youth Program Manager
Job Title: Youth Program Manager
Department: Cruise Programs
Under the direction of the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director, the Youth Program Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all youth and teen programs/counselors as it relates to the Passenger Programs and Entertainment Department.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Be accessible and approachable to assist guests with requests/problems within the scope of the position
* Handle guest concerns, complaints, and questions regarding the Youth Programs
* Be familiar with entire shipboard operation to offer hospitable service to the guest.
* Facilitate effective communication with other departments to ensure Youth Program Staff and guests obtain the correct program information
* Maintain adaptability and flexibility with different team members/management
* Know related Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for the position
* Assist Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director to promote Family and Youth Programs as assigned
* Maintains Youth Program annaul budget and budget records between $35,000 - $45,000.
* Order essential supplies, proper resources and equipment to effectively run program
* Creates staff profile notes to assess and evaluate staff
* Provides constructive feedback for growth and evaluates professionally to offer employment recommendations
* Performs a variety of clerical and administrative support functions for assigned program areas as needed
* Must have a good working knowledge of all Norwegian Cruise Line’s Youth Program policies and procedures.
* Establishes good communication with shore side personnel while maintaining copy of department heads accordingly
* Attends weekly meetings with Cruise Director
* Schedules, implements and (hosts where specified) Family Programming Activities
* Assists in the development and implementation of all activities for Youth Programs
* Primary leader for boat drill
* Minimum of three years experience in the recreation/hospitality field or similar industry of working with large group children/teens ages 6 months – 2 years old and 3 - 17 is required. Must have specific expertise in the field of recreational programming, administration, budgeting, staff management/evaluations, and inventory control.
* Shipboard experience is preferred.
* Knowledge of the special needs spectrum is preferred.
* Intermediate verbal and writing skills in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred.
* Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
* Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
* Unique hobbies are a plus: to include but are not limited to: Juggling, Theater, Gymnastics, Sports, Dance, Singing.
* One year experience communicating via microphone, using/programming DJ and light/sound equipment is preferred; public speaking and public entertainment experience is preferred.
* Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in a course of study related or relevant to childcare is preferred.
( Current and active CPR/First Aid Certifications from a recognized educational institution are required.