The General Manager’s primary responsibility is to direct all aspects of the Hotel and Guest Service Operations for the ship with a focus on Resident & Guest relationships, and Staff engagement. This position ensures excellence in the execution of company luxury standards at all times in relation to all Guest Services. In order to do so the General Manager directs the work of all Hotel Department Managers and is responsible to plan, monitor and adhere to the hotel operations budgets while consistently driving quality and exceeding Resident and Guest satisfaction goals. This position reports to the SVP Operations and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
SUMMARY OF KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Exceed Resident and Guest expectations in every aspect of quality and service.
* Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard and shore side departments to facilitate a team-oriented atmosphere.
* Ensure that the company’s standards are maintained in all areas of the vessel
* Continuously review the operation and make recommendations on how to enhance the product and service.
* Ensure that the company’s goals, audit sheets, and quality checklists are posted in all areas.
* Ensure that all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), SMS and Safety & Environmental regulations.
* Monitor direct report performance and ensure their duties are carried out in accordance with company policies, job descriptions and safety and Environmental regulations.
* Coach, develop and mentor all direct reports.
* Manage the annual operating budget which includes wages, overtime, travel, uniforms, cost of sales, food cost and operating equipment
* Ensure the management team is enforcing cost control procedures and monitoring waste and breakage.
* BA/BA 3-4 year degree or foreign equivalency
* Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a General Manager on a luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra-luxury Hotel or Resort
* Outstanding listening, written and verbal English skills, comfortable with public speaking
* Must be able to manage, organize, direct and supervise multiple outlets with different concepts
* Working knowledge of point of sales systems, inventory management systems, Fidelio and computerized reservation systems
* Excellent knowledge of Public Health regulations
* Strong motivational and organizational skills with the ability to manage change effectively
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it