Job Title: Laundry Person
Department: Hotel - Housekeeping
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions: To provide professional laundry and dry cleaning service to guests, crew and departments on board and within the limits of established company policy and procedures. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Proficient in the use and care of all equipment, including but not limited to, the pressing machine, towel folders, washing machines, dryers, dry cleaning machines, irons, presses, etc.
- Responsible for the storing, cleaning and distribution of all linens, towels, table linens, costumes, guest/crew laundry and dry cleaning, includes washing, spot cleaning, dry cleaning, pressing, folding and properly preparing items for return to operations to guest/crew.
- Perform proper washing and dry cleaning procedures in accordance to machine instructions and care requirements.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of work areas and machinery. All machinery to be dusted on a routine basis.
- Provide assistance to stateroom stewards during turn around day (i.e., stripping bed and pillows, removing linen, towels, chinaware, glassware, and garbage from the rooms; collecting and removing the bags of soiled linens and towels; sanitizing the ice bucket, lid, coffee carafe, and coffee filter basket; vacuuming staterooms and guest corridors for assigned stateroom sections).
- Must perform and meet standards set by USPH and SEMS Rules and Regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Candidates must be Mandarin speakers.
- One year of experience operating and maintaining various types of laundry, dry cleaning, pressing, and folding machines is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.