Assistant Personnel Manager
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
- The Assistant Personnel Manager (APM) supports the Personnel Manager in the daily administrative operation of the Personnel Office. This includes maintaining accurate and current records in MAPS and Fidelio for all active crew onboard, using MAPS as the primary business tool and system of record.
- The APM assumes the responsibilities of the Personnel Manager in his/her absence. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Coordinates with the Personnel Manager in the check-in/sign-on process and sign off process for all officers, staff and crew (i.e., preparing documents such as I-95s for joining crew, port papers for all ports of call, I-408 and Customs declaration forms for disembarking crew as required by CBP regulations).
- Manages the issuance of crew ID cards/cabin keys and name tags in compliance with established SOP and security requirements and policies.
- Ensures all joining crew receive a copy of the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and the shipboard Rules & Regulations.
- Enforces the use of MAPS as the primary business tool and system of record, ensuring appropriate/required crew documents are filed, and evaluations and warnings are made part of the MAPS record.
- Gathers, organizes and forwards all documentation related to the crew member’s completed contract to Fleet Personnel on a weekly basis.
- Assists Personnel Manager with Immigration inspection in all ports.
- Provides Payroll Accountant with a copy of the signed contract for all joiners.
- Knows, understands and is compliant with the process and documentation requirements for Non Resident Alien Crew (NRAC) program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Six months prior experience as an Administrative Assistant is required.
- Six months prior experience in HR administrative functions preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the following computer programs is required: MAPS, Fidelio, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Intermediate to advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Must know and understand CBP rules and regulations as they relate to crew.
- Must be familiar with visa regulations and requirements in various ports of call.
- Must possess strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with a positive and service-oriented attitude and approach.