Assistant Pastry Chef
- The Assistant Pastry Chef is responsible for delivering products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to Public Health guidelines.
- Assistants are responsible for procuring ingredients, scaling, preparing, and finishing in accordance with standardized procedures and corporate specifications.
- He/she reports directly to the Chief Pastry Chef.
- He/she is responsible for following all standardized procedures, safety regulations, and notifying the Chief Pastry Chef or Pastry Chef of any shortages or discrepancies in products or ingredients.
- The Assistant Pastry Chef is responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean at all times.
- Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- 1+ year experience using basic pastry techniques and skills in order to decorate, portion and plate pastries.
- 1+ year experience using basic pastry techniques and skills in order to prepare pastries such as: candies, petit fours, frozen and cold desserts.
- 6+ months experience in using/operating basic pastry equipment such as balance scales, mixers, and ovens.
- 1+ year experience in a pastry production operation is required. Formal culinary training may substitute at an equivalent rate.
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Two year degree from a recognized culinary educational establishment or foreign equivalency is preferred.