- The Baker ensures a successful link between the Chief Baker and the bake shop.
- His/her primary role includes a professional, hands-on approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge.
- The Baker is accountable for ensuring all company policies, procedures, Public Health Standards and recipes are followed consistently.
- He/she will be assigned to train and coach new team members in the department.
- The Baker is to be prepared for additional culinary contingencies, which may occur within his/her outlet or in another outlet/venue.
- Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Minimum one year experience performing all baking techniques and skills is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of formulas and measurements including gluten development and staling is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of starches, fats, sugars, liquids, eggs, leavening agents, salt, and flavorings is required.
- Minimum one year experience in training team members to understand and utilize baking principles including preparation, development and production is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all dough types and techniques is required.
- Basic to Intermediate ability to create basic bread displays and showpieces is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a bake shop is required.
- Minimum of two years of culinary experience (may be combined with formal culinary training) is required.
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Two year degree from a recognized culinary education establishment or foreign