- The Pastry Chef ensures a successful link between the Chief Pastry Chef and the pastry shop.
- His/her primary role includes a professional, hands-on approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge.
- He/she is directly responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen including inventories, set-up, preparation, food quality, breakdown, and sanitation.
- The Pastry Chef is accountable for ensuring all company policies, procedures, and recipes are followed consistently. - He/she is responsible for documenting and communicating with the Chief Pastry Chef and/or the Executive Chef’s personal assistant in regards to variances, exceptions, and maintenance issues.
- The Pastry Chef is responsible to be prepared for additional culinary contingencies, which may occur within his/her outlet or in another outlet/venue.
- Strong knowledge of all pastry competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and formulas concerning starches, fats, sugars, liquids, eggs, and flavorings.
- Ability to prepare and train others in fruit coulis preparation
- Ability to prepare and train others in show-pieces
- 1+ year of experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant
- 1+ year of experience in pastry supervisory position
- 2+ years of culinary experience (may be combined with formal culinary training)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency