- The Pizzaiolo ensures a successful link between the Chef Tournant and the area of responsibility.
- His/her primary role includes a professional, hands-on working chef approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge.
- He/she is directly responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen and staff including inventories, set-up, preparation, food quality, breakdown, and sanitation.
- The Pizzaiolo is accountable to ensure that all NCL policies, procedures, and recipes are followed consistently.
- He/she is responsible for documenting and communicating with the Chef Tournant and/or the Executive Chef’s personal assistant in regards to variances, exceptions, and maintenance issues.
- The Pizzaiolo is responsible to be prepared for additional culinary contingencies, which may occur within his/her outlet or in another outlet/venue.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level of knowledge and experience in Dough acrobatic pizza making on front of guests is preferred.
- Basic to Intermediate level of knowledge and experience in preparation of all ingredients necessary to pizza production inclusive of dough, sauces and garnishes is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level of knowledge and experience in preparing specialty foods such as pizzas, flat breads, etc. following specific methods that usually require short preparation time is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience on a cruise ship or Italian restaurant in Pizza making is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a hot production supervisory position is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of culinary experience is required. Formal culinary training may substitute for this experiential requirement at an equivalent rate.
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency is required. Pizzaiolo degree is preferred.