The Cruise Director is the leader of the Entertainment Department, managing diverse team members, impacting guest satisfaction using personality, talent, and language ability to communicate and entertain, from small to large social events and on the main stage.
Working with the Hotel Director and the onboard division heads, the Cruise Director is responsible for creating, developing, implementing, and supervising of all guest activities and entertainment onboard the ship. Must be able to incorporate company policies while encouraging and modeling a spirit of teamwork and harmony in the division. Cruise Director must also assist in promoting all revenue areas.
- The Cruise Director is responsible for the programming and scheduling of all the entertainment, recreational and social activities. He/she establishes and maintains the standard of the social environment onboard.
- The Cruise Director, who works directly with the Hotel Director, is responsible for coordinating all functions of his/her division with the other division heads.
- It is the responsibility of the Cruise Director to help promote and market all onboard revenue areas through announcements, the Freestyle Daily and TV programming, following brand and company guidelines.
- It is his/her responsibility to ensure that each member on his/her staff effectively executes their specific responsibilities in a manner that portrays the integrity and directives of the company.
- It is the responsibility of the Cruise Director to effectively perform in the capacity of master of ceremonies, and to continually train his/her staff to improve their stage work and social capabilities.
- It is the responsibility of the Cruise Director to control, monitor and justify all entries against his/her budget, with the assistance of the Assistant Cruise Director.
- The Cruise Director is responsible for the overall quality of “onboard” TV programming.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution fall under the direct responsibility of the Cruise Director following shipboard guidelines and under the direction of Senior Management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Accountable for the supervision, training and development of all the entertainment team, while improving weak areas in their performance by suggesting and developing training methods to improve their efficiency, productivity and performance, in conjunction with the appropriate Managers and Supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a hospitality related discipline is required.
- Must be able to plan, program and implement new entertainment activities
- Minimum of five to seven years previous shipboard management or supervisory experience including social, recreational and entertainment activities is required.
- One year experience in budget planning and accounting procedures is required.
- Intermediate verbal and writing skills in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Stage experience and “stage presence” a must.
- Extrovert, quick and critical thinker, witty, personable, and articulate.
- Must be service oriented.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.