Chief Security Officer
In charge of all daily security operations on board and while in port, including training of the crew and training of Security Watchman
Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company’s Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- Attend shipboard senior management meetings.
- Train Security Watchman on the job.
- Intervene to deal with difficult guests.
- Member of the Code Mike Team.
- Conduct Alcohol and Drug Testing.
- Conduct Cabin Search.
- Enforce Firearms/Weapons policy.
- Enforce Illegal Narcotics.
- Conduct Investigations.
- Comply with Security Report procedures.
- Organize Security Patrols.
- Coordinate Port Security Activities.
- Countersign the Security Guard Log Book and investigate all incidents logged when required.
- Scheduling of Security Watchman.
- Undertake regular security inspections of the ship to ensure that appropriate security measures are maintained.
- Maintain and supervise the implementation of the Ship Security Plan, and propose modifications if needed.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the SSP.
- Coordinate the security aspects of the handling of ship's stores with other shipboard personnel and with the relevant Port Facility Security Officers.
- Enhance security awareness and vigilance on board.
- Ensure that adequate security training has been provided to shipboard personnel.
- Ensure that any security equipment is properly operated, tested, calibrated, and maintained.
- Direct responsible of the vessel’s key system keeping the key-plan up to date along with the keys inventory.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Security Guards
- Staff Captain
Education and Experience
* Holds Basic Safety Course Certificate and appropriate licenses and certificates as required by regulations.
* Some experience on passengers vessels of as Security Officer or equivalent.
* Knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
* Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
Leadership and managerial skills including but not limited to:
- Acquaintance with Security Equipment such as screening x-ray machines, etc.
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Coaching and Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service