Job Purpose: This Is the person in charge of making the shows spectacular by using light and visual effects.
- operating the entertainment lighting equipment always keeping in mind that it is property of the ship and is used under the control of the Engine Department.
- showing maximum attention and care to the security procedures on board, being aware that any incorrect usage or modification to circuits may cause serious damage and danger to the personnel involved.
- working primarily on the light console in the Theatre during the shows and other activities which take place there and also responsible for the operation of lighting equipment in the lounges, even though it is used by the Lounge Technician.
- assisting Artists, Musicians, Cruise Staff, Hosts/Hostesses and Lecturers, in other words all personnel who presents activities which must be illuminated, preparing the technical equipment and checking the quality of the lights in such a way that they are suitable for the activity in question.
- coordinating (along with the Head Technician) the work of the two Staff Cleaners used for operating the follow spots during shows.
- reporting to the Head Technician any and all problems concerning equipment, following Company procedures.
- keeping tidy the place of work and equipment lockers assigned. Showing maximum respect for the equipment, not leaving lying around objects which could be lost, stolen or damaged.
- High school degree. Specialization in lighting engineering is welcome.
- Experience in big productions, theatres or services.
- Excellent knowledge of lighting systems, consoles, colour mixing theory.
- Computer literate.
- Good English knowledge.
Education: High School or equivalent
Career Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Onboard