Assistant Inventory Officer
- Assists the Inventory Officer in all functions, taking his functions when necessary, producing professionally typed documents on board and ship-to-shore communications.
- providing every day to prepare the Daily Food Cost, checking if the value of every day consumption is correct.
- providing to invoice and reconcile the customer orders for F&B, checking if the customer orders inserted report correct data.
- providing every day the correct stock on hand to the Provision Master and to the Assistant Provision Master, if requested also to the Executive Chef and to the Bar Manager.
- keeping update the templates of Customer Orders of Food, Beverage, Hotel and Photo, checking if the code and the description items are the correct ones keeping a constant coordination with the Provision Master and the Hotel Storekeeper.
- assisting the Inventory Officer in processing data for Hotel items and Uniforms.
- providing to reconcile all the F&B invoices after the loading, reporting to the Inventory Officer the discrepancies after a double check with a Provision Master.
- assisting the Inventory Officer in the management of the stores through a strict cooperation with the Provisions Master, the Assistant Provision Master, the Hotel Storekeeper and the Assistant Hotel Storekeeper- Uniform.
- assisting the Inventory Officer during the closing operation producing food and beverage reports ready to send to Corporate Offices.
- assisting the Inventory Officer during the loading, offloading and storing operation, acting as accountable for the Department (when necessary and after request of Inventory Officer).
- assisting the Inventory Officer during the spot checks and the physical inventories in the main stores, in the Hotel Department and in the bars.
- typing the Master Orders ready to be send to the shore side offices, taking care of the correct inserting of data and checking the correspondence between the items and the Market Master.
- controlling the correct introduction of F&B Customer Orders, reporting to the Inventory Officer and informing the responsible of the various departments.
- monitoring the Stores situation and reporting to the Inventory Officer any non conformity in order to avoid any spoilage or breakage of the items.
- reporting to the Inventory Officer any non conformity or malfunctioning in the store rooms (cells, fans, sprinkler, alarms, etc.) and monitoring if the procedures of Safety Material Management, Health and Sanitation Management and Environmental Management are respected by the personnel of the stores.
- monitoring the par stock levels in the Central Stores reporting to the Inventory Officer excessive amounts of items or reporting critical situations of certain items either for excess of stock, either for lack of stock.
- taking care of the office organization, providing all the material needed for the normal activities and taking care of the cleanliness and order of the office.
- replacing the Hotel Secretary if unable to attend to her functions regarding the comment forms procedure at the end of the cruise (Software Oscar).
- Computer literate and very good knowledge of the common soft-wares.
- Very Good English knowledge
- Secondary School in Hotel Management Administration or in Economic Disciplines
- Apprenticeship or work experience of at least one year in accountability.
- Preferable but not essential, an experience in the F&B department, due to the possible career path in the Hotel Management.
Education: High School or equivalent
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Onboard