The Ship Physician serves as the Chief Medical Officer and is responsible for the health of the passengers and crew onboard each ship, administering the medical policies and procedures established by the Medical Director. Each cruise vessel also has 3 registered nurses and one Crew Physician with strong skills in emergency medicine.
This IS NOT a job posting for immediate employment, please send us your resume to be
considered for employment when there is vacant position.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine, with a <strong>current license in the United States or Canada
- Board Certification in Emergency Medicine (preferred) or in Internal Medicine or Family Practice with emergency experience.
- Current ACLS certification; ATLS certification required for MDs not boardcertified in emergency medicine
- Some experience or aptitude in learning simple laboratory procedures.
- Excellent physical health and evidence of a positive mental attitude, and an ability to work with people in a closed, intense environment, while providing effective leadership.
- Ability to treat and stabilize critically ill or injured patients, including but not limited to: central line placement, chest tube placement, intubation, trach placement, suturing, reduction of dislocated hips or shoulders, EKG, lab and x-ray interpretation.
- Ability to efficiently conduct busy outpatient clinics and document appropriately and completely.
- Ability to function with some autonomy in dispensing medications, doing procedures, and providing appropriate patient teaching.