Job Summary: Primary responsibility for operation and maintenance of equipment and system in the hotel and accommodation areas of the ship
Responsibility and Authority
* Commit to the Company’s Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
* Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
* Ensure that all machinery assigned are in working order, maintenance is carried out at due intervals in accordance with planned maintenance and service requirements and all related logs and records are updated.
* Reports any abnormal condition of the machinery assigned.
* Records maintenance and inventory updates in AMOS.
* Participate in drills and training as required by the company.
* Ensure that all aspects of the company's environmental policy and procedure applicable to his job tasks are properly carried out including the proper storage and containment of hazardous chemicals and paints.
* Update equipment technical cards of machinery assigned to him.
* Support and assist Staff Chief Engineer in daily maintenance planning and execution.
* Any additional assignment as per Chief Engineer discretion.
* Ensure that all aspects of company's OH&S are effectively applied during his/her working activities.
* May assign and delegate some of the above duties to other officers from his team.
Responsible for following machinery and systems:
- Diesel Engines and relatives circuits (LO, H.T. & L.T Sea Water including piping, pumps, coolers, controllers, actuators, etc.)
- Emergency Diesel Generator
- Emergency air compressor
- Lifeboats Propulsion
- Bow thrusters(s)
- Mooring windlasses and winches
- Shell doors and Tender platforms
- Lifeboats , Tenders and rescue boats davit systems
- Watertight doors
- Periodical greasing of various engine room machineries
- Incinerator and related equipment
Ship specific tasks:
- Engine room Ventilation and related dampers
- Remote control Valve system maintenance
- Grey water transfer system
- Reverse Osmosis
- MM/EE and DD/GG sea cooling water system
- Fire system
- Ballast system
- Cross flooding valves
Education and Experience
* First Engineer qualifications and licenses in compliance with all International and National conventions and regulations.
* Unlimited First Engineer license, endorsed by the Flag State, and all of the certificates as required by the STCW 95.
* 2 years experience on passengers vessels of which at least six months as First Engineer or equivalent.
* Full knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
* Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
Leadership and managerial skills including but not limited to:
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Coaching and Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service