HEAD TECHNICIAN-TV DIRECTOR
- operating the TV and ITV (where present), broadcast equipment always keeping in mind that the equipment is the property of the ship and is used under the control of the Engine Department.
- co-operating primarily with the Cruise Director and the entertainment staff for the organization and enhancement of all TV and video services.
- operating the TV and broadcast system, transmitting the TV and radio programme set by superiors. During the day constantly checking the correct operation of the systems.
- transmitting video and/or films on the Theatre screens and in the various lounges when requested. Recording activities, travel talks and events to insert in the TV for enrichment of the programmes available to Guests.
- being in charge of the proper broadcasting schedule of the led screen installed by the pool (where present).
- receiving the forms which report problems in the cabin TV systems, and personally taking care of the minor requests for tuning TV channels, replacing cables and changing ITV devices. For more serious problems, informing the Engine Department.
- assisting all personnel who presents various activities, preparing the technical equipment and checking the quality of playback or shooting in such a way that they are suitable for the activity in question.
- handling of Play Stations for Guests’ rentals. Being in charge of setting up and removing the Play Stations in guests’ cabins (where this service is available).
- showing maximum attention and care to the security procedures on board, being aware that any incorrect usage or modifications to circuits may cause serious damage and danger to the personnel involved.
- reporting to the Head Technician any and all problems concerning equipment, following Company procedures.
- being always present to furnish the necessary support and assistance when a ship visit from shore-side technical personnel, or an inspection to verify the technical equipment are planned.
- keeping tidy the place of work and equipment lockers assigned. Showing maximum respect for the equipment, not leaving lying around objects which could be lost, stolen or damaged.
- updating the inventory of equipment under responsibility, immediately informing superiors in case of any variations. Always checking that there are the correct amounts of spare parts available in order not to risk running out, and always ordering replacements in time.
- maintaining a co-operative attitude with colleagues, and knowing how to work in a team, since the quality of other people’s work also depends upon mutual cooperation.
Education: Primary school. Specialization in TV direction, video editing, lighting and graphics. Satellite knowledge.
Professional Experience: Experience in editing, cameraman, graphic and TV direction.
Technical Skills: Video, lighting, graphics and camera.
Language Knowledge: English (written and spoken) B2
Education: High School or equivalent
Career Level: Manager
Job Type: Onboard