Works under the guidance of the Storekeeper. Assists in the maintenance of all assigned food storerooms.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists with maintaining organized and clean storerooms that are properly labeled, and product is protected and safeguarded.
- Assists with preparing storerooms for new inventory to be received. Stock stores according to USPH and safety standards.
- Responsible for rotating product in stores in accordance to first-in-first-out (FIFO) and expiration dates.
- Assists with preparing external orders of food, chinaware, glassware, hollowware, flatware, and table linen for the Provision Master.
- Assists in maintaining all related inventory within budgeted levels and reports any variances to the Provision Master.
- Assists with receiving food orders and storing product according to USPH and SEMS regulations.
- Advises Storekeeper of any variances from received orders compared to order.
- Assists with filing internal requisitions, and issuing the product requested and approved, according to Company policy.
- Assists with controlling waste and spoilage of product. Completed room temperature logs on SEMS, USPH, and FDA approved forms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum 1.5 years as a Storekeeper or Food and Beverage Storeroom Attendant for a high-volume multi-outlet food and beverage operation or previous shipboard experience in the same position is required.
- Minimum one year experience dealing with vendors and suppliers, as well as, inspecting product for quality and adherence to specifications is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge and experience working in a large food storing and issuing operation is required.
Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Training Course Certificates in the areas of USPH, safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized educational institution are required.