Overview: Provide guests with courteous and professional service and create a pleasant dining atmosphere to enhance overall experience and to anticipate guests needs.
- Maintain clean and orderly tables and organizes stations.
- Prepare a good mice-en-place to ensure that his/her station is ready when guests arrive.
- Stand by the table, ready to pull the chair for the ladies when guests arrive and depart.
- Provide personalized service.
- Ensures that guests requests, beverages, condiments, etc… are promptly fulfilled.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep of all equipment and any other ship’s property that he /she is working with.
- Responsibly minded for the breakage and loss of any equipment.
- Use only ship’s authorized chemicals in the way and manner they’ve been instructed to.
- Respect his/ her Supervisors, address him/her with the due titles, accept order without questioning and co-operate unselfishly, and be a Team-worker.
- Attend departmental meetings and trainings when requested.
- Personal hygiene and appearance. Always wear clean and ironed uniform / name tag.
- Wear clean and polished shoes
- Take a shower before the commencement of one’s shift
- Have trimmed and neat haircut for men and moderate coiffure for women
- Have at all times short and clean fingernails / for female only light nail polish permitted.
- Be always neat / well groomed and shaved - Avoid or use little make-up.
- Only delicate / appropriate jewelry to be worn
- Perform all duties other than above as requested by the Restaurant Manager or Head Waiter.
- Be aware and follow Company’s Security / Fire / Safety according to the ship’s rules and regulations.
- Education / Training: Experience in Hotel, Restaurant or Cruise ship Dining.
- Good knowledge of international cuisine.
- Standard restaurant background.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to speak clearly in English with Supervisors and Guests alike.
- Other languages are considered a plus.