Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
This position maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of all public, crew and surrounding areas. Must be able to provide efficient cleaning service in his/her assigned work areas for a large passenger vessel that can includes up to 3,000 guests and crew, plus up to 15 decks of public rooms and common areas.
- Responsible to keep all crew/guest public areas clean and vacuumed as well as all staircases, hallways, elevators. - Duties include, but are not limited to: shampoo/vacuum carpets and furniture; clean/strip/wax all hard floors; wash windows, walls and ceilings; empty litter bins/ash urns constantly; service restrooms; polish brass, handrails and fixtures; clean glass doors; fog/sanitize AGE rooms, smoking rooms, casino, cigar bars, and areas which have an odor, on a regular basis; clean crew mess/bar/laundry areas.
- Clean and maintain Spa and Fitness Center.
- Responsible for the collection and delivery of guest luggage to/from respective decks.
- Provides assistance to stateroom stewards during turn around day by stripping bed and pillows, removing linen, towels, chinaware, glassware, and garbage from the rooms. Additionally, collecting and removing the bags of soiled linens and towels. Sanitizes the ice bucket, lid, coffee carafe, and coffee filter basket for assigned stateroom sections.
- Vacuums staterooms and guest corridors.
- Assists on Turnaround Day with wheelchair assistance when necessary.
- Assists with cocktail parties, stateroom deliveries, and other work related duties in the Housekeeping Department assigned by the Supervisor.
- Assumes other duties assigned by the Head Cleaner and Head Steward.
- Offers all possible assistance to guests as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree is required.
- Minimum of six months experience performing hotel-related duties is required.
- Familiar with the use of cleaning equipment.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills is required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.