Water Sports and Activities Coordinator
Position Reports To: Hotel Manager
Summary: The Sports/Activities Coordinator is responsible for the Marina Operation and Sports program onboard according to the 6 key principles that drive the guest experience culture.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work according to the 6 key principles: show well, the right delights, service wow, sails are up, destination engagement and magical moments.
- Deliver the highest possible quality of sports activities and services on board.
- Manage the Marina and explain the use of all sports equipment on board to guests and crew.
- Manage the Water sports activities in full compliance with the Water Sports Manual
- Manage and monitor the condition of all sports equipment on board.
- Responsible for the maintenance and adequate inventory of all sports equipment and supplies on board.
- Train and supervise all interested Guests in the Beginning Scuba Diving Program on vessels equipped with scuba gear.
- Operate Dive programs on vessels equipped with scuba gear.
- Leads fitness walks ashore as itinerary permits. These walks must not be scheduled to compete with revenue tour options.
- Conducts physical exercise activities, including but not limited to Walk-a-Mile and daily stretch classes on deck.
- Staff reception desk as scheduled by Guest Services Manager.
- Manages the bike rental program on board.
- Assists with Tour Dispatch upon arrival in port.
- Escort Tours for quality control as needed.
- Assist in embarkation/disembarkation procedures.
- Deliver a Sports talk when appropriate to promote sports activities.
- Complete required reports.
- Regularly scout ports of call for new information and sports ideas.
- Support performance management system and attend all mandatory onboard meetings.
- Performs and manages other duties as assigned.
On those yachts, where we offer diving, sports personnel at minimum must be:
- PADI certified “open water scuba instructor”
- Certified PADI emergency first responder instructor
- Hold a current CPR certification
- Have DAN Oxygen provider certification.
- Lifeguard Certification
- International Certificate of Competency
- Small boat handling
- Knowledge of equipment used in various water sports activities such as surfing, kayaking, water skiing and sailing.
- STCW 4th Part Basic training