Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Quartermaster is responsible for:
- Maintaining navigational watch keeping duties
- Work aloft in mast and rigging
- Helmsman when required as part of Bridge Duties
- Upkeeps brass around the vessel
- Upkeeps varnish on hand rails around the vessel
- Liaises with the Boatswain on the jobs
- Does gangway / pontoon duties at anchor
- Does tendering duties when required
- Designated IPM (Integrated Pest Management) control every month (normally 12-4 QM)
- Does greasing jobs
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work according to the 6 key principles: show well, the right delights, service wow, sails are up, destination engagement and magical moments.
- Performs and manages other duties as assigned.
- STCW Training- 4 Part Basic Training; CPSC
- Nav watch Rating- II/4
- Valid Seafarers Medical
- Must pass a security background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to the ships and extended stay up to 12 months on board is required. Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during traveling periods and during periods of daily activities.