Overview: This position is the liaison and coordinator for major groups and facilitating future group site inspections, while facilitating a culture of commitment to safety, service and style.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. Each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employeesand/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
2. Schedules all group meetings and party requests as per the Group Amenities Report and any other correspondence from the Shoreside Event Coordinator. Plans in advance, anticipates and fulfills all group requirements. Responsible for entering and maintaining shipboard events in Lounge software.
3. Arranges an introduction meeting between the Hotel Director and/or Department Heads and the group leaders, if necessary.
4. Informs all departments of special functions by compiling a schedule of events listing any group requests and special needs prior to sailing and keeps updating during sailing if any changes are required. Ensures on a daily basis that all group needs, such as audio/visual equipment, coffee services, group photographs, etc. or any function changes are communicated to the appropriate department head.
5. On embarkation day assists with ship’s tours from 10-12 a.m.
6. During embarkation meets and greets group leaders in a designated space in the lobby/guest relations area.
7. Prior to embarkation sends welcome letter to the group leaders offering any possible assistance to make their cruise experience special. Meets with them on arrival to discuss and confirm their requirements for their private functions.
8. Ensures that invitations and notices are sent out for functions/parties requested by a group in a timely manner and coordinates the distribution of group turndown gifts and in-stateroom deliveries with the Housekeeping staff.
9. Ensures that all private functions have appropriate signage posted in order to avoid disturbance to their function.
10. Organizes any extra functions requested by the groups during the cruise and supervises the set up.
11. Maintains an open line of communication between all department heads involved and ensures the smooth operation of the group functions and meetings.
12. Coordinates with the Shore side Wedding Coordinator any wedding function scheduled onboard in the home port or assigned ports and coordinates with the Cruise Director any Renewal of Vows requested during the cruise. Ensures that everything requested for the ceremony and reception is in place beforehand and ready for the Shore side Wedding Coordinator to take over.
13. Meets with the groups and is present during their private parties/functions, providing any information they require, thereby enhancing the company’s image.
14. Liaises with Manager, Captain’s Club & Cruise Sales any tour for travel agents when in port or FAM group sailings.
15. Coordinates any accounting issues pertaining to the groups with the Financial Controller.
16. Coordinates all group disembarkation requirements with the Guest Relations Manager.
17. Conducts site inspections as requested by the corporate office and ensures that potential clients are given a thorough tour of the vessel and provided with as much information as possible. All program requirements or requests discussed are to be approved by the Guest Relations Manager onboard and submitted to the corporate office.
18. Reports the progress of each group daily to the Guest Relations Manager and keeps the Hotel Director updated on any issues or problems that arise.
19. In the event no group functions are scheduled or the groups do not require the assistance of the Event Coordinator, the Event Coordinator reports to the Guest Relations Manager for Guest Relations desk duty.
20. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
21. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
22. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
23. People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
§ This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
§ Prepares a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal computer system and equipment.
§ This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
§ Maintains a clean, neat and professional appearance, taking pride in how he/she represents the brand at all times.
§ Is a self-starter with the ability to self-motivate him/herself to arrive at designated times as the position requires and to remain on duty after a regularly scheduled shift as needed to accommodate guest requests.