Position Reports To: Chief Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: Boatman, Sailors
Summary: In charge of Deck maintenance
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- On board deck maintenance jobs on mast rigging and sails
- Keeps Chief Officer up to date on stock items
- Manages all work permits for the deck crew and ensures compliance with work place safety practices.
- Organizes and supervises the Sailors’ daily Jobs
- Oversees all gangway / pontoon /conveyor belt movements
- Oversees lowering and recovering of all boats
- STCW Training- 4th Part Basic Training; CPSC
- Nav Watch Rating – II/4
- Valid Seafarers Medical
- Must pass a security background check
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to the ships and extended stay up to 12 months on board is required. Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during traveling periods and during periods of daily activities.
Able to work aloft in mast and rigging