Position Reports To: WATCH KEEPING OFFICER / 2ND ENGINEER / CHIEF ENGINEER
Summary: The Wipers position onboard is to keep all technical spaces clean and tidy. His tasks may also include some monitoring duties as assigned by the vessels officer.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The Wiper may be working in a dirty, noisy and warm environment. In this case the Wiper must understand the correct usage of PPE.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keep Engine room areas clean and tidy as directed by the Watch keeping Officer or second Engineer.
- Understand how to properly clean different types of machinery.
- Understand the various chemical in use on board and their correct safe usage.
- Understand the correct and safe use of PPE gear.
- Understand and carry out duties form verbal English instructions.
- Understand how to properly stow chemicals and equipment.
- Be able to prepare steel work for the correct application of protective coatings and paint.
- Understand the usage of paints and coatings used in the engine room and machinery spaces.
- Assist in the safe bunkering of the yachts of yachts boats.
- Assist with taking technical stores on board the yacht.
- Assist the watch keeping officers as required for their duties.
- Also performs and manages other duties as assigned.
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training
- Preferable to have Engine room watch keeping certificate.
- Good understanding of English
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
May be requested to move heavy objects up to 40 pounds, weights over this will need the correct use of lifting equipment.
May be asked ot assist in lifting heavy objects with the correct lifting equipment.