Assistant Chief Butcher
- The Assistant Chief Butcher is a direct link between the Chief Butcher and his/her assigned production areas and outlets. - The Asst. Chief Butcher’s primary responsibilities are to ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to his/her team and then executed flawlessly.
- He/she achieves the objectives through communication, organization, and training.
- The Asst. Chief Butcher enables his/her team by ensuring equipment and sanitation standards are always met, supplies and inventories are readily available, expectations are communicated, recipes are current, and training is on-going.
- The Asst. Chief Butcher is expected to be a “hands-on” supervisor who leads his/her team by example.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all basic cooking techniques is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced comprehension of Classical European, International, and World Cuisine, including cooking philosophies and principles are required.
- Advanced comprehensive knowledge of protein fabrication in regards to composition, structure, and quality factors is required.
- Ability to perform and teach fabrication to others is required.
- Ability to distinguish and train saltwater, freshwater, farm-raised, and wild is required.
- Intermediate understanding of composition and fabrication of specialty proteins including game, mollusks, cephalopods, and crustaceans is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience in thawing, de-boning, cleaning, grinding, mincing, portion-cutting, and marinating is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all kitchen equipment, tools, and supplies is required.
- Minimum of one year experience in a butcher shop is required.
- Minimum of two years of culinary experience (may be combined with formal culinary training) is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. and vice versa for both volume and weight is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros.
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalent is preferred