Cruise Staff-Mandarin or Cantonese Speakers
- The Cruise Staff is responsible for serving as an effective leader in any of the assigned Cruise Programs activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
- Each Cruise Staff must have the ability to serve as an effective Master of Ceremonies using their personality, talents and language ability to engage audiences of all sizes.
- Each Cruise Staff is expected to be proactive and creative in relation to programming to maintain and/or increase guest satisfaction scores.
- Each Cruise Staff must effectively practice proper time management to prepare, execute and break down set ups and venues for assigned activities and events.
- It is the responsibility of the Cruise Staff to be accessible to and approachable with the guests at all times. He/She must be capable of being a patient listener while making the guests feel at home.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution for our guests are the direct responsibility of the Cruise Staff following shipboard guidelines and under the direction of management.
- Assist with private parties and functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Two or more years of work experience in a Recreation/Hospitality/Entertainment-related field is preferred. Prior experience in the tourism/travel industry is also preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in a similar role in the Service and/or Entertainment industry is required
- One year or more of entertainment skills such as, but not limited to, ability to sing, dance, clown & circus, MC or host are preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Micros and Fidelio Cruise is preferred.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Recreation, Hospitality or Business is preferred.
- Detail-oriented and attentive
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates