Assistant Cruise Director
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
- The Assistant Cruise Director is responsible for assisting the cruise director in coordinating all entertainment, recreational and social activities as programmed by the cruise director.
- The Assistant Cruise Director must serve as an effective liaison between the cruise director and the entertainment/cruise staff department. In addition, he/she must have the ability to work as the liaison between the cruise director and other division heads in a manner, which promotes teamwork, and working toward the common goal of passenger satisfaction.
- It is the responsibility of the Assistant Cruise Director to insure that all activities are properly staffed and that events run safely and begin promptly as scheduled.
- The Assistant Cruise Director must have the ability to serve as an effective master of ceremonies.
- The Assistant Cruise Director must be familiar with the roles of all cruise staff members, and be prepared to assist with any and all activities.
- The Assistant Cruise Director must be capable of assuming any of the responsibilities of the cruise director in the event of his/her absence or inability to perform.
- It is the responsibility of the Assistant Cruise Director to have on file a complete breakdown of responsibilities by activity each day on each specific vessel.
- It is the responsibility of the Assistant Cruise Director to continually train staff members and to provide feedback in terms of overall job performance.
- It is the responsibility of the Assistant Cruise Director to be accessible to and approachable with the passengers. He/she must be capable of being a patient listener while making the passengers feel at home.
- The Assistant Cruise Director is responsible for maintaining and submitting accurate and detailed reports regarding the onboard games of chance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the service industry including, but not limited to participation and supervision of social, recreation and entertainment activities is required.
- Minimum of one year management experience is required.
- Basic to Intermediate experience and knowledge of accounting procedures is required.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros) is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Recreation, Hospitality or Business is preferred.