Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company's Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- Stands engine watch as instructed by the Staff Chief Engineer and Engineer of the Watch.
- Maintain an efficient and alert watch in engine room during assigned period.
- During watch duty, continuously supervise Machinery Spaces and promptly report malfunctioning and abnormal conditions to Engineer of the Watch.
- Dedicate particular attention to bilge condition, upon request of Engineer of the Watch execute cleaning and maintenance under supervision.
- Ensure that during the watch duty, all Engineering Spaces have been duly inspected and abnormal situations promptly reported.
- Do not voluntarily operate any machine without previous authorization and supervision of Engineer of the Watch.
- Assist to duty motormen.
- Assists with general maintenance of the ship including cleaning, painting and repairs.
- Any spillage or cause of pollution is promptly reported and adequately controlled and cleaned.
- Implement all safe working practices in all tasks, including proper use of watertight doors, handling of chemical products and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Any additional duties as directed by the Staff Chief Engineer.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* The Oiler qualifications shall conform to all International and National conventions and regulations as required by the Flag State, and by the STCW 95.
* Experience on vessels in equivalent position.
* Knowledge of the Company SMS.
Skills including but not limited to:
- Team Work
- Engine Room Experience