Island Scuba Instructor
The Island Scuba Instructor is responsible for maintaining beach safety on the cruise line's island for all guests. Also responsible for selling the various excursions to guests, coordinating tour dispatches and assisting in various clerical duties when required. Lead and escort tours on the island when required. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Help to maintain beach safety and the promotion, sales and dispatch of shore excursions during ship operation days.
- Escort and guide island tours and activities offered by the cruise line, which includes but is not limited to snorkeling tours, kayaking, paddle boards, parasailing, and stingray encounters.
- Recognize and respond appropriately and calmly to emergencies.
- Have knowledge of proper use of communication systems such as VHF radios, whistles and flags.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests by greeting, answering questions and providing information concerning excursions and activities on the island.
- Repair and maintain Shore Excursion island equipment such as but not limited to mats, party floats, snorkeling gear, wave runner dock, lifeguard stands, Hippo Slide.
- Participate in the daily upkeep of the island and grounds.
- Conduct inventories of all island Shore Excursion items on a regular basis.
- Follow proper procedures for cleaning and disinfecting snorkeling equipment.
- Participate in regular trainings/drills.
- Enforce all aquatic/island company policies, such as but not limited to Hippo Slide regulations.
- Assist in securing island equipment during inclement weather.
- Represent the image of the company and perform all activities in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
* High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
* Active minimum international recognized certification level of Dive Master (or higher) from an accredited educational institution.
* Basic First Aid/CPR certification (Minimum PADI Emergency First Responder, American Red Cross or equivalent) is required.
* Minimum of one (1) year experience as a scuba instructor in a similar or related industry is required.
*Dive Master/Instructor must provide minimum Insurance requirement coverage:
- $1 million USD per claim
- Worldwide coverage (must cover US citizens)
* Snorkeling instruction
* Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.