In line with the department guidelines and under the supervision of the Shop Manager, the Shop Seller uses different selling techniques to promote to our guests the products available in company boutiques in order to achieve highest revenue possible.
• Builds relationships and trust with all guests to improve their shopping experience and to increase sales opportunities;
• Informs guests of special offers, new products and promotions;
• Handles guests’ complaints and queries;
• Processes payments;
• Ensures items are correctly priced and keeps the boutique layout attractive and tidy, in line with company guidelines;
• Monitors levels of stock and properly stores delivered products in a timely manner;
• Regularly checks that products are within their sell-by date and respects the FIFO products life-cycle (for perishable selling goods).
• Fluent in English, oral and written and in at least 2 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any of other language is considered an advantage;
• High School graduation certificate;
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Shop Seller;
• Previous experience on cruise lines is an advantage;
• Computer literacy;
• Strong communication and negotiation skills;
• Sales orientation;
• Knowledge of products and inventory techniques;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.