Following all relevant company policies and procedures, the Hotel Director is responsible for the efficient and safe running of all hotel operations such as: guest service, entertainment, food & beverage, on board revenue departments, support services, etc., in order to provide our guests the most outstanding hospitality service.
• Manages the daily operations and coordinates the work of the various hotel departments to ensure a high quality of service;
• Works closely with the corporate offices and the head of departments on board in order to continuously improve the product offer such as: F&B, shore excursions, entertainment programmes etc.;
• Ensures quality expectations of passengers and the standards set by the Company are fulfilled;
• Is responsible for the effective management of the on board revenue centers and the achievement of all related targets;
• Supervises the Chief Purser administrative tasks such as: ship clearance, immigration procedures, guest accounts, etc.;
• Prepares reports at the end of each cruise, sharing them with corporate offices and putting corrective measures in place;
• Ensures all crew members are adequately trained.
• Fluent English, oral and written. At least one additional European language is also required (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• Tourism, hotel management or economics degree;
• Understanding of international health & safety standards;
• Knowledge and experience in food & beverage and housekeeping management procedures;
• Excellent management skills and problem solving;
• Excellent communication skills and stress tolerance;
• Extensive and successful documented experience as Deputy, 1st or Senior Assistant Purser or Hotel Manager Assistant, preferably on board of company vessels, but no less than an internationally trading cruise vessel with multinational clientele;
• Computer literacy, sound knowledge of MS Windows OS, MS Office suite, Fidelio Cruise suite, Micros is required;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.