Food and Beverage Manager
In line with Company guidelines, the Food & Beverage Manager manages the entire F&B operation on board MSC Cruises’ vessels by ensuring proper planning, execution and delivery of all food operations and creating the perfect dining experience for all guests.
• Manages all F&B and day-to-day operations to the highest standards, identifying customers’ needs and responding proactively to all of their concerns;
• Is accountable for the performance and achievement of Company budgetary goals;
• Supervises F&B team members, supporting and training them to enhance their current performance and evaluates their skills suggesting possible advancement or additional on-the-job training;
• Complies with set Company F&B service standards and follows the Company Sanitation Protocols (sanitation, hygiene and personnel management) and as Food Safety Officer ensures sanitation compliance in food operations.
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• Professional School diploma from a Bar School/Bar Training Academy is an advantage;
• At least 4 years’ experience as F&B Manager and leading a team;
• Experience in the cruise industry or in 4/5 star hotels or resorts is an advantage;
• Very good knowledge of Office package;
• Knowledge of hotel management software, Fidelio, Micros and MMS is an advantage;
• Very good understanding of menu management, food cost control and F&B trends/best practices;
• Sound knowledge of cash handling, accounting, cash card systems, computerised bar systems and ability to meet financial targets;
• Customer service and problem solving skills;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• Food Safety Proficiency certificate issued by recognized Authority;
• A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.