In accordance with the department policies and defined sale targets, the Bicycle Host promotes bicycle tours and escorts bicycle tours ashore, under the direction of the Bicycle Leader.
• Advises guests and sells bicycle tours at the shore excursion desk;
• Assists the Bicycle Leader in the general/daily operations;
• Prepares bicycle tours;
• Leads and accompanies guests on bicycle tours;
• Performs preliminary repairs to bicycles;
• Supports the shore excursion office activities when necessary.
Skills, competencies, experience:
• Fluent English & German, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and French);
• High School or college graduate;
• Trained and fit for daily escort of bicycle tours (Approx. 25Kms daily);
• Previous Cruise experience is an advantage;
• Computer literacy;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.