Shore Excursion Host or Hostess
In line with the department guidelines and under the supervision of the Shore Excursion Manager, the Shore Excursion Host / Hostess uses different selling techniques to promote excursions to our guests in order to achieve highest revenue possible.
• Delivers high standards of service in regards to excursions’ bookings and sales, private shore activities and disembarkation arrangements;
• Provides guests with ports and tours information;
• Executes the back office administrative tasks;
• Escorts the groups and supervises local tour operators during the excursions;
• If necessary, supports local tour guides with language translations;
• Handles guests’ complaints and queries.
Skills, competencies, experience.
• Fluent English, oral and written and 3 additional European languages are required (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• High School certificate;
• At least 1 year experience in tourism industry or in customer facing roles;
• Previous experience in the cruise industry is a strong advantage;
• Experience in complaints management and selling techniques;
• Computer Literacy, knowledge of Publisher and Fidelio is an advantage;
• STCW95 trainings are compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.