Leading a multicultural team, the Bar Manager is responsible for the shipboard beverage operations for all bars/lounges, outlets and crew bar areas and manages the financial aspects of bar operations in order to ensure compliance with standards and procedures and optimum guest satisfaction.
• Verifies that professional and profitable beverage services are delivered in every outlet, to generate maximum sales and profits through cost control and expense reduction;
• Ensures the highest quality, delivery and storage of all bar products/items and monitors bar set up, service and presentation to ensure guest satisfaction;
• Supervises Bar team members, supporting and training them to enhance their current performance and evaluates their skills suggesting possible advancement or additional on-the-job training;
• Complies with set Company bar service standards and follows the Company Sanitation Protocols (sanitation, hygiene and personnel management).
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• Professional School diploma from a Bar School/Bar Training Academy is an advantage;
• At least 4 years’ experience as Bar Manager and leading a team;
• Experience in the cruise industry or in 4/5 star hotels or resorts is an advantage;
• Very good knowledge of Office package;
• Knowledge of Fidelio, Micros and MMS is an advantage;
• Sound knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures;
• Experience in implementing creative and appealing strategies to generate revenue and profit;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.