Maitre D' Hotel
In line with company policies and procedures, the Maître D’Hôtel manages, motivates and coaches all dining service team members in order to provide excellent service to guests.
• Ensures compliance with quality and sanitation standards and procedures in all restaurants, crew mess rooms and room service;
• Supervises, coaches, evaluates and motivates the dining service team;
• Increases on board revenue through sales for food & beverage;
• Handles and resolves guest complaints regarding dining quality and service;
• Produces daily reports to present to the Hotel Manager and corporate offices;•Conducts daily team briefings or meetings;
• Contributes to cost control through close monitoring of the inventory.
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• Degree in hotel management or equivalent experience in 4/5 star restaurant, hotel or resort;
• Excellent management and organisation skills;
• Sales orientated;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven;
• Cruise industry experience is a strong advantage;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.