The Head Waiter assists the Assistant Maître D’Hôtel in supervising all food and beverage service operations, ensuring that the highest quality of service is maintained in the assigned area and that the staff follows cruise line policies and procedures.
• Ensures all Waiters, Assistant Waiters and Buffet Staff work as a team in the assigned area;
• Carefully supervises the assigned section to ensure guests satisfaction;
• Effectively replaces Waiters if necessary in order to maintain service standards;
• Maximises revenue for food and beverage products;
• Oversees tables’ setting and ensures that all equipment is used correctly to avoid unnecessary damage;
• Ensures that the assigned areas comply with sanitation procedures;
• Monitors the restaurant’s inventory;
• Ensures that the staff is familiar with menu content, wine list, as well as food & wine pairing.
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• High School certificate is an advantage;
• Experience within the same position in 4/5 star restaurant, hotel or resort is a strong advantage;
• Good management and organisation skills;
• Interpersonal and communication skills;
• Passion about hospitality and customer service driven;
• Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.