The Bell Person’s main activity is to provide general assistance to guests and hotel management.
• Prints all daily programs in all languages required, and all printed materials including shore excursion and destination information, menus, advertising materials etc.;
• Is part of the disabled guest assistance team;
• Assists guests embarking and disembarking at the shore side of the gangway;
• Performs a variety of activities depending on the request of guests and hotel management.
Skills, competencies, experience:
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• Experience as Bell Person in a hotel and resort;
• Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
• Computer literacy;
• Experience with high speed, 4-color printing machinery;
• Physically able to lift and/or move up to 25 kgs;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.