The Concierge supervises and guides the Guest Service Agents in welcoming guests with a warm and friendly disposition, answering their questions, handling their complaints immediately and attending to their requests in a professional and timely manner.
• Provides appropriate information and general assistance to guests;
• Manages the guest service operations and program;
• Assigns daily duties to the guest service team;
• Manages complaints and ensures appropriate resolution;
• Provides training to the Guest Service Agents and leads by example;
• Manages a variety of financial transactions and is responsible of cash floats.
Skills, competencies, experience:
• Fluent English, oral and written and at least 3 additional European languages (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• High School certificate;
• Extensive experience in a 4/5 star hotel or resort;
• Experience in the cruise industry is an advantage;
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Publisher;
• Knowledge of Fidelio Cruise System is an advantage;
• Excellent communication and customer care skills;
• Problem solving and stress tolerance;
• Excellent organisation and managerial skills;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.