Photo Lab Technician
The Photo Lab Technician is responsible for operating all photo laboratory equipment in order to print on-board the highest quality photographs, following company policies.
- Operates all photo laboratory equipment on board, troubleshooting machine issues and malfunctions;
- Ensure the prints are high quality, exceeding guests’ expectations;
- Plans, controls and monitors the laboratory stock and notifies the Photo Manager and Fleet Supervisor should any issue arise;
- Keeps the laboratory and storage area in a clean and organised state.
Skills, competencies, experience.
- Fluent English and at least another language, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and French);
- Professional certificates preferred but not essential;
- At least 2 years’ experience working with laboratory equipment, supplies and materials; Experience with photo chemistry and emulsions;
- High level of hardware and software knowledge, and in-depth knowledge of main photo editing softwares;
- Ability to work independently;
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Excellent organisation skills.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.