Under the direction of the Photo Manager, the Photographer takes quality photographs and portraits of guests on board and/or during excursions whilst providing superior customer service in order to maximise sales of photographs and photo equipment.
• Takes high quality pictures and portraits;
• Adapts the photo offers to customers’ requests;
• Organises the on board photo gallery and lockers keeping the photo boutique layout attractive and tidy, in line with MSC Cruises guidelines;
• Monitors levels of stock and properly stores delivered products in a timely manner;
• Prepares and takes care of professional equipment.
(skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent in English, oral and written and in at least 2 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any of other language is considered an advantage;
• High School certificate;
• Professional certificates preferred but not essential;
• At least 2 years’ experience as a photographer;
• Previous experience on a cruise ship is an advantage;
• Computer literacy, knowledge of Photoshop and other professional photo editing softwares;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Excellent communication skills and sales orientation;
• Ability to work in a team, unsupervised or with little supervision;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.