Luxury cruise line is currently seeking Captains (full or part time) for its fleet of modern overnight passenger cruise ships. We offer over 30 unique 7 to 14 night itineraries that travel along the inland and coastal waterways of the East Coast, Pacific Northwest and Mississippi River. Each ship carries between 50 and 150 passengers under a US flag. Most ships are licensed under Subchapter K of USCG regulation. Each ship is equipped with the latest safety, navigation, and communications systems.
Onboard, you will receive excellent private accommodations, with in-suite head, satellite TV, etc., spouses are welcome. This position is ideal for experienced/retired Naval or Coast Guard officers with command experience interested in a second career with a great company. The Captain must have the ability to get along with well-educated, affluent passengers, and represent the company in a professional manner.
Excellent pay and competitive benefits package.
* The safety of the passengers, crew and vessel
* Safe navigation of vessel
* All docking, undocking and maneuvering of vessel
* Supervision and direction of Mate and Deckhands
* Training of Mate and Deckhands
* Ensuring vessel is maintained in safe operating condition
* Administrative functions including logs and reports
* Maintaining crew discipline
* Other duties as required
* Minimum of 100ton Near Coastal U.S. Coast Guard Master’s license
* Command experience on vessels of similar size
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Pre-employment drug test
* Ability to live and work on board for rotations of 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off