Prestigious cruise line is currently seeking Mates (full or part time) for its fleet of modern overnight passenger cruise ships. We offer over 30 unique 7 to 14 night itineraries that travel along the inland and coastal waterways of the East Coast and Pacific Northwest. Each ship carries between 50 and 150 passengers under a US flag. Most ships are licensed under Subchapter K of USCG regulation. Each ship is equipped with the latest safety, navigation, and communications systems.
Onboard, you will receive excellent private accommodations, with in-suite head, satellite TV, etc. This position is ideal for licensed captains, interested in a leadership role in a fast-paced and exciting work environment. The Mate must have the ability to get along with well-educated, affluent passengers, and represent the company in a professional manner.
We offer an excellent pay and competitive benefits package.
* The safety of the passengers, crew and vessel, Safe navigation of vessel
* Supervision and Training of Deckhands
* Ensuring vessel is maintained in safe operating condition
* Administrative functions including logs and reports
* Other duties as required by Captain/crew
* Minimum of 100 ton Near Coastal U.S. Coast Guard Master’s license
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Pre-employment drug test
* US Citizenship or legally authorized to work in the United States